4th International Conference on Ecohydrology, Soil and Climate Change
Figueira da Foz, September, 21-23, 2017
CAE - Centro de Artes e Espectáculos, Figueira da Foz 'We cannot stop natural hazards but we can arm ourselves with knowledge'
The aim of the conference is to bring together researchers in the areas of Climate, Meteorology, Extreme events and Natural hazards, Ecohydrology, Hydrology, Environment, Soil, Geo-Statistics with the aim of sharing experiences and promoting the integration of these themes as a multidisciplinary framework.
The conference will mainly focus on a number of topics:
1. Water quality. Water resources and management;
2. Operational and dynamical hydrology. Ecohydrology and hydrobiology;
3. Environmental policies and social impacts. Water framework directory;
4. Soil degradation and soil quality. Soil function and land use. Desertification Processes;
5. Natural Hazards and Extreme events. Wildfires and agroforestry systems;
6. Earth System Science and climate change. Climate change mitigation and adaptation policies;
7. Techniques and approaches in geosciences: biostatistics, remote sensing, GIS and modelling.
1st phase submission: The publication of the abstract book will have ISBN. Abstracts submission until July 24th, 2017. For each registration only two submissions maximum are allowed (2 oral, 2 posters or 1 oral and 1 poster). For further details please see Register
2nd phase submission: A Special issue of PCE - Physics and Chemistry of the Earth (Elsevier) will be devoted to the publication of the papers actually presented at the Conference.
The format of this meeting will involve plenary sessions (please see Invited Speakers), special sessions (please see Contributed Speakers) and parallel sessions (please see Contributed Speakers).
Each invited speaker will have allocated 30 to 45 minutes and each contributed speak a maximum of 15 minutes.
- General Program: please see Program or Conference time table
- Parallel Sessions Program: please see Contributed Speakers (maximum 15 min presentation in English)
- Poster Session Program: please see Contributed Speakers (Portrait only 80cm x 120cm maximum)
- Plenary Sessions and Special Sessions: please see Scientific Program
- The registration fees concernig the registrations made before July 20th, must be paid until July 31st. Only the communications of participants with fees paid will be considered for the Abstract Book and hence to the Conference Programme.
- It is mandatory to send full name, address and VAT/NIF to allow the issuance of the receipt.
Polytechnic Institute of Tomar (IPT), Natural Hazards Research Center (NHRC.ipt)
Câmara Municipal da Figueira da Foz
CAE - Centro de Artes e Espectáculos
ESSC - European Society for Soil Conservation
Turismo, Gestão Turística e Cultural
NHRC.ipt - Laboratório de Investigação Aplicada em Riscos Naturais (Natural Hazards Research Center)
PCE - Physics and Chemistry of the Earth - Special Issue