3rd International Conference on Ecohydrology, Soil and Climate Change, EcoHCC'14
The conference will be held in Tomar - Portugal, from 10 to 12 September 2014.
The aim of the conference is to bring together researchers in the areas of Climate, Meteorology, Ecohydrology, Hydrology, Environment, Soils, Geo-Statistics with the aim of sharing experiences and promoting the integration of these themes as a multidisciplinary framework.
The conference will mainly focus on a number of topics:
- Water resources and management;
- Water quality and hydrobiology;
- Environmental policies and social impacts;
- Operational and dynamical hydrology. Ecohydrology;
- Soil degradation and soil quality. Soil function and land use;
- Earth System Science, climate change and extreme events;
- Techniques and approaches in geosciences: biostatistics, remote sensing, GIS and modelling.
1st phase submission: The publication of the abstract book will have ISBN. Abstracts submission until July 24th, 2014. For each registration only two submissions maximum are allowed (2 oral, 2 posters or 1 oral and 1 poster). For further details please see Register
2nd phase submission: A Special issue of PCE - Physics and Chemistry of the Earth (Elsevier Journal) will be devoted to the publication of the papers actually presented at the Conference. Participants will also have the opportunity to submit manuscripts to the Journal of Water Resources (please see Proceedings). Submissions between September 15th, 2014 and February 28th, 2015.
The format of this meeting will involve plenary sessions (please see Invited Speakers), special sessions (please see Contributed Speakers) and parallel sessions (please see Contributed Speakers).
Each invited speaker will have allocated 45 minutes and each contributed speak 15 minutes.
Participants will have the opportunity to attend (pre-registration mandatory) to one short workshops on Geographical modelling of natural resources using GIS (please see Short Workshops).
- General Program: please see Program or Conference time table
- Parallel Sessions Program: please see Contributed Speakers (15 min presentation in English)
- Poster Session Program: please see Contributed Speakers (Portrait only 80cmx120cm maximum
- Plenary Sessions and Special Sessions: please see Scientific Program
- New Deadline submission: July 24th.
- The registration fees concernig the registrations made before July 20th, must be paid until July 31st. Only the communications of participants with fees paid will be considered for the Abstract Book and hence to the Conference Programme.
- It is mandatory to send full name, address and VAT/NIF to allow the issuance of the receipt.
Polytechnic Institute of Tomar (IPT), Mathematics and Physics Department
Trás-os-Montes and Alto Douro University (UTAD), CITAB
Lusófona University (ULHT), DAT
APRH - Associação Portuguesa de Recursos Hídricos (Portuguese Association of Water Resources)
Câmara Municipal de Tomar
Centro de Geociências, Grupo de Quaternário e Pré-História (Quaternary and Prehistory)
DREAMS Research Centre - Development and Research in Environment, Applied Management and Space
ESSC - European Society for Soil Conservation
EMS - European Meteorological Society
Turismo, Gestão Turística e Cultural
Hotel dos Templários
Instituto Terra e Memória
IAH - International Association of Hydrogeologists
IPMA - Instituto Português do Mar e da Atmosfera
NHRC.ipt - Laboratório de Investigação Aplicada em Riscos Naturais (Natural Hazards Research Center)
PCE - Physics and Chemistry of the Earth - Special Issue
Revista de Recursos Hídricos (Journal of Water Resources) - Special Issue
|United Arab Emirates||2|